Our little girl is here!!

Tuesday, April 11


I am seriously overjoyed to announce that our sweet daughter,
Avonlea Grace,
 who we have prayed for and carried for 9 months, 
has arrived into our arms. 
She made her debut a week ago, 
Tuesday April 4th at 8:30pm. 
She weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces and was 21 inches long. 
We are so so smitten. 

I have always loved the name Avonlea. 
I first heard it about 10 years ago when I met a little girl in a coffee shop name Avonlea, 
and thought it was beautiful. 
Being that Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite books and movies, 
it was a top contender for girl names. 
For months Kevin and I tried to find a name we liked better, and we never did. 
I think we always knew it would be Avonlea:) 
The name means
"A return to childlike faith, simple beauty, noble purity, and compassion for the least"
all beautiful qualities I pray for our girl! 
I think it fits perfectly for her:) 

Grace, her middle name, is the anthem for our life. 
I am encouraged by this verse in John 1:16 that says, 
"For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace"
Jesus offers us gifts we don't deserve, an immense love beyond measure. 
As Avonlea is a gift, grace felt like the perfect middle name:) 


I am excited to write out my birth story on here, as it was beautiful and unique 
(and not what I expected at all!). 
Hopefully that will come this week or next, as I don't want to forget it! 
This past week of being parents has been a crash course in figuring out what to do with a newborn, haha! But she has been wonderful, and I'm still on a total high. 
Kevin and I spend hours just staring at her, laughing hysterically at her funny faces, and praying over her tiny frame. 

In our eyes, she is just perfect:) We praise God daily for his generous and kind gift to us, one that we so don't deserve…what a privilege it is to bring a baby into the world. 

Don't worry, more pictures and stories to come:) 
But for now, thank you for your prayers and your excitement for this sweet babe. 
We are just filled to the brim with gratitude! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!